Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Life Goals, Dreams Include Bono....


Remember when I first started this blog, I listed all my life's goals and dreams? I had a goal to get a goldendoodle (Check!), I had a goal of having a successful business (check!), to kick my husband out of his retail space (um...no check yet)....My ultimate goal would be to attend my first U2 concert and meet my ultimate favorite man in the world, (next to my husband of course, who is always # 1)...BONO. As a young teenager/child I never knew or listened to U2. Only did I ever learn of them was through my husband. I remember going on a our first date to the beach, he played U2. We are 7 years apart , not much of a difference now , but I was 17/18 years old and he was 25 so that is a big difference in my book.

I was hooked the moment I heard U2 , and I am still hooked now. Every time I hear a song from them, it always reminds me of my hubby Mike and the drive to the beach.


I heard they are playing in Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton in 2010. Boy, am I praying they play in Winnipeg. Sure I can travel to Edmonton and see they play......NOT!

Not with 5 little ones tugging on your ankles. What a dream it would be if I met the guy, That would be a dream. In the past, I have written , emailed Oprah, Ellen, Sally Jessie Raphael for pete sakes...don't laugh!!! "Dear Oprah: I know you are best buds with Bono, Could you please make my dreams come true?? Mother of 5 would love to meet him and tell him what an inspiration he is to me and so many people. " yada yada...... No reply back, what a shocker! Same with Ellen Degeneres. (I love her btw) I kid you not, I really did email and write these people. Am I a loser or what??? Honestly, I would just die if I met Bono. I would make a soap in his honour... maybe a rock n roll duckie soap?


Someone else that I really love is Nicolas Cage. He's having some difficulties right now , but I know hell pull through. I know he needs money but all I have is soap. If you need some soap, Ive got plenty of that.


So I guess my plea to Bono is : Bono, I am a young mommy of 5, (well 6 if you count the hubby) who needs a night out. My hubby and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage in 2010 right around the time you will be in Canada. You are the reason we fell in love (well part of the reason) My husband is Irish too...does that help?? Please come to Winnipeg! I know our stadium stinks, its small and you may get west nile ..but I promise you, I am well worth the trouble! :)

No comments: