Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Making Bars and and Enjoying the Sun






Ok, so I had a busy weekend. Sunday, we all went to my husband's Aunty Betty's cottage in Petersfield. It is a year round home that is not your typical cottage. Very modern and beautiful. Gorgeous lakefront, glorious views. It was a warm sunny day and we had so much fun. The kids didn't want to leave. They were playing in the sand from 2pm until we left which was about 8:30 pm. Long time!!


I also made some whipped lemon bars this past weekend. They are tdf. I

don't know if I will be selling them on etsy, but they may appear during my shows this fall. I have been adding my bar shapes again, but nothing compares to my loaves . Over the years, my loaves always out sell my bars. People just like the idea of hand cut bar maybe?? I would hand cut right in front of them, but over time I switched to displaying on cake plates so people can see and smell, then have everything prepackaged. It got too busy to do the cutting in front and then packaging.

I have been recently including in my orders as a thank you, the chocolate mint parfait bars. It kind of reminds me when you go to a restaurant, you get a mint as a "thank you"..or when you go to a nice hotel ,they put a chocolate on your pillow as a thank you...

3 comments:

egassner said...

What a cute idea with the 'mints'!

Looks like the girls had fun too!

Rocki's Rock 'n Beads said...

What a fun time you must have had. Looks very relaxing there.

Love the idea about the 'mints'!

samara said...

there's this great website that if found that has tons of helpful information to make the everyday topics of a mothers life seem a bit less overwhelming...http://hrbaby.com/